Before contacting Applicant Support, please see below for answers to our frequently asked questions. A Summary of Your Rights Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act can be located here.
What is Checkr and how do you use my information?
Checkr, Inc. is a background check company. When you provide us with personal information, like your Social Security Number, we use it to compile and report public record information. We gather this information from sources such as county court systems, departments of motor vehicles, and more.
- Why Do I Need to Provide a Social Security Number?
- I have been driving for years! Why do I need to provide proof of my driving history?
Am I eligible to work for a particular company? Why was I declined for a job?
Checkr does not make any decisions on employment, engagement, or eligibility. Please contact the company that you applied with for questions about work or eligibility standards.
Something in my report is wrong, or there is inaccurate or incomplete information in my report. What should I do?
Please notify us immediately if you believe that something is inaccurate or incomplete in your report. The fastest way to contact us is through our Applicant Portal. Here, you can specify what you think is incorrect in your report and send us any supporting documentation you may have.
- Something on my report is wrong. What should I do?
- My case was dismissed. Why is it still on my report?
When will my report be complete?
Most background checks take 3-7 business days to complete, but some checks may take longer than others. Checkr will send you an email once your report is complete. At that time, the company you applied with will also be able to access your report.
- Why is my background check taking so long?
- I’m an applicant in California or Massachusetts and my background check is delayed.
What does my report status mean?
A CONSIDER status can mean the following things:
- For a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) search, CONSIDER means that you didn’t meet a certain qualification related to your driving record.
- For a criminal search, CONSIDER means that some information appears on the report, which must be reviewed by the company you applied with. This may be a criminal record, but it doesn’t necessarily mean you will be disqualified for the role.
A SUSPENDED status means that Checkr needs you to provide additional documentation or information to complete your report. Please go to the Applicant Portal to find out what documents you need to submit to move your background check forward.
Contact Information / Other Questions
If you have any other questions, please message us or give us a call: 844-524-3275
Applicant Support hours:
Monday-Thursday: 8:00am - 5:00pm PST
Friday: 8:00am - 4:00pm PST